Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Meet The Owner

As you may recall from the last blog posting, the women at A Fine Line were featured in the June 2011 issue of Tucson Lifestyle Home&Garden Magazine as "The Pros Who Know". Let's spend the next few weeks getting to know each of them, beginning with the owner Jeanne Dwan.


Jeanne Dwan grew up on the east side of Tucson just a few miles away from where AFL is located. She has lived in Oro Valley for the past 19 years and now enjoys working in her old stomping grounds. Her great love for entertaining, decorating and shopping have led her to create this wonderful Stationery, Gift and Home Boutique. Jeanne loves to celebrate events, both large and small. However, she recognizes that it is the hospitality that matters, and she strives to "bless rather than impress" her guests. The shopping environment she has created evokes her gifts of warmth and hospitality.



1. What are your favorite items at AFL? Oh my! Do I have to choose just one? Well, Tokyo Milk is a recent addition and I’m very excited about it. We currently carry their lotion, lip balm, and adorable greeting cards. They are packaged as pretty as they smell, and have a fresh, young look. Watch for another addition to this line that we’ll be adding in the fall (hint: it rhymes with plume – with an extra syllable).










2. What have you learned - or what is your favorite thing you have discovered - working at AFL? This sounds silly but I really didn’t know how much I love paper! That drawer filled with the last pieces of stationery from each box that I just can’t part with should have been a clue for me. I’ve always loved fabric because I love pattern, color and texture. Paper has all those same elements and I want every new design I see!




3. When you entertain, what is your favorite venue? I love to entertain in a variety of different ways and places. If I could be anything in the world when I grow up I would like to be a professional table setter (make sure to see my tablescape at Sensational Settings in November). So doing cocktails and hor d’ourves by the pool, dinner in the dining room, and dessert in the living room gives me an opportunity to decorate 3 different areas and use 3 different sets of dishes!






4. When you entertain, what is an important decor item for you? Anything that creates the ambiance that I’m going for. In all types of decorating I think it is important to appeal to all 5 of the senses. So I like to set the mood by welcoming my guests with a pretty smelling candle, nice music, a festive table, yummy food and drink, and an overall atmosphere that makes them feel comfortable.








5.What is your favorite part about interacting with shoppers at AFL? I love sharing in the joy of their celebrations. I have a particularly fond memory of one my regular customers walking into the store one day. I greeted her with “How are you today?” She threw her hands into the air and squealed “Glorious!” She had just found out that she was going to be a grandma and needed a card to congratulate her son and daughter-in-law.







Next week we will meet The Gift Consultant of A Fine Line








Blog Editor



A Fine Line Stationery & Gift Boutique
6538 East Tanque Verde #180
Tucson, Arizona 85715
520.721.2500

Please visit our website at
www.afineline-tucson.com

NEW SUMMER HOURS:
Sunday & Monday Closed
Tuesday - Friday 10-5
Saturday 10-3

No comments:

Post a Comment